ULTRASIGNS has more than a decade of experience designing and manufacturing electrical signs using LEDs. Over that time, we've seen LED technology evolve, with new intensities, colors, and brightness levels. And, we've been at the forefront in using that technology in innovative ways.
The one constant you can count on, is the high level of service and attention to detail you will always get as an
ULTRASIGNS customer. Our capabilities include not just the LED display itself, but also the electronic controls, flashers and power supplies that bring the display to life.
Why use LED technology?
- Infinite Design Flexibility: First, LEDs can be arranged in any configuration: points, lines, curves, fields - anything you can draw can be created with LEDs. Second, LEDs can be easily programmed to change color, color temperature, and light quality.
- Infinite Lighting Effects: Unlike traditional light sources, the brightness and color of LEDs are both changeable and controllable. That gives LEDs an unparalleled ability to control the lighting mood of an entire area, while simultaneously enhancing specific areas or products. All kinds of lighting looks are possible, from traditional to contemporary to futuristic.
- Widest Color Range: Like paints in a watercolor set, the light from LEDs can be mixed to create millions of colors. Stand-alone colors include, blue, cyan, true green, yellow-green, yellow (amber), orange, red-orange, red and "white."
- Infinite Styling Possibilities: Other techniques can be added to LED technology, to create perfectly uniform light, three dimensional effects, and pixilated, sparkled, prismatic, or annular effects. The sign can even be made to look like it has embedded shapes.
- Long Service Life: The expected lifespan of an LED is 50,000 to 100,000 hours (6-11 years of continuous use), or about 50 to 100 times longer than the typical incandescent bulb.
- Low Maintenance: Because of their long service life, LEDs are rarely replaced, which saves on labor and puts an end to unsightly burned out bulbs or neon transformers.
Energy Saving Calculator
- Compact Size: LEDs are tiny - about the size of a pepper flake. In addition, because LEDs produce less heat than conventional bulbs, the fixtures themselves can be made smaller. That means LED technology can be used in places beyond the range of conventional lighting.
- Durability: LEDs are highly resistant to shock, vibration, mechanical and thermal stresses, and vandalism. The sign assembly itself can be completely sealed, making it waterproof - ideal for harsh environments with extreme cold or high humidity
- High Energy Efficiency: LEDs convert energy into light more-efficiently than conventional light sources. They run on low current and low voltage, drawing considerably less power. That means real money savings every day. Check out our
Energy Saving Calculator
- Safety: The low operating voltage of LEDs (3-12 V) eliminates sparks and qualifies for UL low-wattage certification. Reduced heat and weight mean reduced potential liabilities in high-traffic areas, such as malls and restaurants.
For more information about LED lighting solutions and your sign requirements, call us today.